Heritage Elementary works hard to foster a climate that nurtures, challenges and inspires students to come to school every day. Children must attend school regularly if they are to enjoy the educational opportunities provided within the school and make progress. Absence can lead to educational disadvantages for a student and place them at risk. Please review the attendance plan outlined below to ensure your student arrives to school on-time and ready to learn daily.
School Hours: 7:15 AM - 2:15 PM
*Students will be tardy if they are not seated in class by 7:15am*
Tardy – Arriving or leaving outside of school hours. Please note: 8 unexcused tardies = 1 unexcused absence
Unexcused Absence – Absences from class without permission from the school or a parent/guardian (sleeping in, not gaining prior approval for trip, birthdays, etc.)
Excused Absence – Absence from class where a parent/guardian informs the school (illness, family emergency, doctor’s appointment with Dr’s note, etc.). Students will only be allowed 5 excused absences with a parent note per semester for a total of 10 per year. After 5 absences with a parent note, a doctor’s note will be required.
School-wide Attendance Action Steps
- Meet & Greet – Teachers and building staff members will greet students at the classroom door.
- Students are continually reminded about the importance of good school attendance.
- A SchoolReach call will go out to guardians daily regarding a student absence.
- The attendance clerk will notify parents/guardians via telephone call and letter when a student has accrued 5 unexcused absences to set up an attendance meeting at school.
- Principal, Robertson County social worker, and parent/guardian will meet to assess attendance barriers and develop an attendance plan.
- DCS referral and truancy will be filed at 10 unexcused absences if attendance plan is not successful.